One of the best sources of scholarship and financial aid information is the Financial Aid Office and Scholarship Office at the college or university to which you are applying. Check out the website of any college and follow the instructions for deadlines and available forms.
Some free scholarship search areas:
Some Catawba County Scholarships:
- The Betty and Ken Isaac Scholarship Foundation
This is a $20,000 scholarship dispersed over four years for a student enrolled in a college within the state of N.C. See Ms. Ardiitti for an application, which is available in the Spring of a student's senior year.
- Service League of Hickory Scholarship
Amount $10,000.00 Eligibility: 1) Financial need (Only submit an application if family income is less than $60,000.00 unless there are extenuating circumstances. 2) Academic excellence 3) Leadership 4) Work ethic. See Ms. Arditti for an application.
- The Michael A. Demayo Scholarship
The law firm of Michael A Demayo will offer fifteen $2500.00 scholarships to seniors in our community headed to a 4-year university with a 3.0 GPA. The application includes a video, PowerPoint, brochure, website, or essay which discourages underage drinking and driving. Applications are in Ms. Arditti's office. Entries must be postmarked by March 10.
- The Rotary Club of Lake Hickory Scholarship
Applicants must be in the top 20% of their graduating class, attend a high school in Catawba County, and thoroughly explain the financial need. After these 3 criteria are met, the motto of Rotary International, "Service About Self", will be the major basis for selection. "Service Above Self," loosely interpreted, means contributions to school, church, and community. See Ms. Arditti for an application.
Must be a member of the SECU. See Ms. Arditti for details of this scholarship.
Scholarships Students Can Apply To Before Senior Year:
Books for finding colleges and searching for scholarships
- Fiske Guide to Colleges by Edward B. Fiske
- Hidden Ivies by Howard Greene
- The Ultimate Scholarship Book, by Gen and Kelly Tanabe
- Peterson's Scholarships, Grants, and Prizes 2016
- How to Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy Steps, by Monica Matthews
- How to Go to College Almost for Free, by Ben Kaplan