APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE DECEMBER 1, 2017.
Application Procedures for Discovery High School at Newton Conover
In order to apply to Discovery High School, please do the following:
1. Download a copy of our application. (See Below and to the right.) You may obtain a hard copy of the application at our school office, or check with your school's guidance counselor. Also, download a copy of the four teacher recommendation forms, (language arts teacher, math, teacher, science teacher, and social studies teacher). They are located below and to the right. Complete the new student application.
2. Give the four Teacher Recommendations to the identified 4 teachers (language arts, math, science, and social studies). FORMS FROM THESE FOUR TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED AND APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT THEM. Teacher recommendations should only be completed by classroom teachers who taught the applicant. Recommendations from guidance counselors and administrators are not accepted. Have these returned to Discovery High School in sealed envelopes.
3. Have your current school send the following items to Discovery High School: 1) Current transcript, 2) Latest Standardized testing record, 3) Latest report card, 4) attendance record, 5) discipline record, or note from school indicating no disciplinary record available. FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL THESE ITEMS WILL RESULT IN A DELAY IN YOUR ADMISSIONS DECISION.
4. Submit your application to our school office located at: 301 West 18th Street, Newton, NC. You may mail it or drop it by our office.
5. We will call and schedule an interview appointment once we have receive your completed application, teacher recommendation, transcripts and standardized test scores.
6. Submit a signed copy of the release form (Discovery High School Release Form ) with your application. Form is located below and to the right.
For more information regarding Discovery High School, or to schedule a visit or tour, please contact Discovery High School at 828-466-5581, or email Principal John Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org